All foreign students coming to study at Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra are legally obliged to have a health insurance valid for the territory of Slovak Republic and for the whole period of their stay. Without prove of such insurance (in English or Slovak language) student cannot be registered at SUA in Nitra.
Students from EU countries
EU/EEA and Swiss citizens are entitled to health care under the same conditions as the Slovak citizens. They have to present European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to the health care provider. The necessary treatment will be covered by Slovak Health insurance company according to tariffs for Slovak citizens, provided that the health care provider has a valid contract with at least one health insurance company. The European Health Insurance Card cannot be used for private sector health care providers. We recommend also to arrange commercial travel insurance in the home country prior to arrival to Slovakia or Health insurance for foreigners in Slovakia upon arrival.
Students from Non EU countries
Students from Non EU countries may arrange travel health insurance in their home country or Health insurance for foreigners in Slovakia upon arrival.
The Health insurance for foreigners generally covers cost of health care and/or urgent health care provided to foreigners on the territory of Slovak Republic such as:
- ambulatory health care,
- general practitioner for children, youth and adults,
- other specialists,
- hospital health care,
- doctor’s first aid and emergency health treatment,
- covering costs of prescription drugs and medical aids,
- special care of expectant mothers and newborn children,
- urgent dental care,
- preventive health checks and rehabilitation programs (to the same extent as Slovak citizens covered by public health care insurance)
- up to approx. 33,200 EUR; in case of Pregnancy insurance up to approx. 16,600 EUR.
The scope of insurance depends on the agreed type of insurance. The type of insurance and the sum insured are specified in the individual insurance contract.